Description of Arun River Rafting in Nepal
The easiest ways to approach this river by flight to Tumlingtar is closer to put in point Kartikeghat where as you have to trek from Tumlingtar. Alternatively one can drive for 1½ days. This trip begins with a 3-day trek through remote villages in Eastern Nepal - an area few visitors ever see - camping out in lush forests with views of the snow capped Himalayan peaks.
On the river, the powerful current drives your raft or kayak through 6 days of great white water action and you have to face more challenges each day as the number of rapids come one after another in succession; at night you relax on fantastic beaches in dramatic valleys. In our opinion, the combination of trekking, spectacular scenery, great rapids and remote location makes Arun the best river to run the fantastic white water rafting trip in Nepal. Finally Arun meets with the Sunkoshi into a confluence of the Saptakoshi River. Below this confluence it is the same as Sunkoshi river trip.
September - December
Approx. 300 cumecs
January - May
Approx. 200 cumecs
June - August
Approx. 450 cumecs
Arun River Rafting Detail Itinerary
Arrival at Kathmandu valley (1350 m),Upon your arrival at the Tribhuvan intl. airport our representative welcomes you and assists to transfer in your hotel in Kathmandu valley. After time to get refreshed, and briefing about your trip and overnight at Hotel.
Sightseeing in Kathmandu valleyFull day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley with government license holder tour guide such as Pashupatinath (A biggest Hindu Temple), the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Baudhanath, Kapan Monastery. Swayambhunath, (also known as the Monkey Temple) and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
Kathmandu to Tumlingtar by air and trek to Kartikeghat.An hour flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar takes you away from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu. The Tumlingtar flight if scheduled in the afternoon, the camp shall be put up in Tumlingtar itself. The afternoon could be spent in visiting this tiny village with its small teashops and airstrip. Then, we will brief about next day's trip in the evening.
Rafting and camp at Tumlingtar.Breakfast will normally be served at 8: 30 AM. Trek for about two hours at a gradual pace until Sabiya Khola. Get the equipments ready to start early for the following day.
Rafting and camp at mid forest.As soon as we get on the river. From Tumlingtar, we get started at 9:30 AM after breakfast. Today is pretty smooth except for little rough ones of grade III/IV.
Rafting DayToday could be more challenging than the previous days. We come across quite a number of rapids one after another. The first encounter is a left- bend rapid, before the suspension bridge at Ranighat. A number of rapids follow after this; one after another we finally camp nearby blithe rapid.
Drive Back to KathmanduToday is pretty smooth and relaxed compared to the previous days. The Arun River now merges with River Sunkosi to form in to a confluence of River Saptakosi, one of the major River of Nepal which further flows to merge with the famous Gange in India. Float along Saptakosi for another half an hour and we reach the site of a temple in Barah Chettra, a Hindu temple dedicated to the lord Vishnu. From here, float for another half an hour to Chatara, and we finish the trip and Drive back.
Departures from KathmanduDrop you in Kathmandu International Airport onward your final destination and our trip ends. Wish you your wonderful journey !!
Cost includes in the package
- Kathmandu International / domestic airport transfer by private vehicles car/jeep/ van.
- 3 nights twin sharing hotel accommodation in Kathmandu/ Bhaktapur within B & B plan.
- All land transfer as per above itinerary.
- Flights: Kathmandu to Tumlingtar airfare with applicable departure tax
- Guided sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with private vehicles.
- Meals: western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) serve with hot drinks during the trip
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the rafting periods).
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Cook, Helpers, required porters etc).
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation.
- A special gift from our company "Gokyo Treks & Expedition Pvt Ltd".
- Nepal entry visa fees cost US$ 30.
- International airfare and airport taxes.
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip.
- Your travel insurance (it is mandatory in case of emergency)
- Things of personal use.
- Sleeping bag (NRS.50 per night).