Mt.Everest Expedition in Nepal !!
Mountaineering in Nepal has relied heavily on the progress and inspiration developed by various expeditions to Everest. Much of the attraction of Nepal in the early days resulted from the discovery that the highest peak in the world lay within our forbidden and isolated kingdom. Though, it was named Mt Everest by the Survey of India in 1856 after Sir George Everest, retired Surveyor-General of India, the peak had been known by other names long before. Nepalese call it Sagarmatha, while the Sherpas call it Chomolungma. The Tibetan now calls it Qomolangma Feng.
Sagarmatha literally means ‘head of the sky’: the name was invented in 1956 by Babu Ram Acharya, a Nepali historian. The list of attempts and successes on Everest is one of the classics of mountaineering history. By 1989 there had been 274 ascents of Everest, including several by people who had climbed it two or more times. Today there have been over 1000 ascents of the peak, with Sherpas. There are now more than 10 different routes to the summit.
Suggested itinerary: 65 Days
Day 01: Receive in Kathmandu International airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley sightseeing.
Day 03: Preparation for the permit and other legal document.
Day 04: Kathmandu to Lukla (2860m) and trek to Phakding (2650m) 4 hrs.
Day 05: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 5 to 6 hrs.
Day 06: Visit Khumjung and Khunde over night at Namche.
Day 07: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche Monastery (3867m) 6 hrs.
Day 08: Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m) 6 hrs.
Day 09: Rest in Dingboche for Acclimatization hiking Mehera Peak (5300m).
Day 10: Dingboche to Labuche (4930m) 5 to 6 hrs.
Day 11: Lobuche to Gorekshep (5180m) 3 to 4 hrs.
Day 12: Gorekshep to Everest Base Camp (5364m) 3to 4 hrs (Tent Camp).
Day 13: Everest Base Camp.
Day 14-57: Climbing Period Mt. Everest (8848m).
Day 58: Cleaning up Base Camp.
Day 59: Everest Base Camp to Pheriche (4200m) 6 hrs.
Day 60: Pheriche to Tengboche or Pangboche 4 hrs
Day 61: Tengboche to Namche Bazaar 5 hrs
Day 62: Namche Bazaar to Lukla 7 hrs
Day 63: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight and transfer to Hotel.
Day 64: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 65: Transfer to International Airport and fly home.
Includes in this Itinerary:-
- Kathmandu international airport and domestic airport transfer by private vehicles.
- 06 Nights hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on B/B plan
- All domestic airfare with the airport tax.
- Everest summiteers climbing Sherpa (01 Sherpa per 02 members)
- Mt. Everest Expedition permits fee and all government taxes.
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fees
- Full board high altitude meal while trekking to base camp and climbing time.
- Liaison officer with all his expenses.
- Well- experience climbing guide and porters with their equipments, daily wages, food, insurance etc.
- Base camp cook, cook helper and Base camp Leader and Manager
- All necessary camping and kitchen equipment, including base camp tents, dining tent, - kitchen tent, toilet tent, shower tent, mattress, table and chairs etc
- Oxygen with regulator and mask for emergency or medical purpose;
- High Altitude New member and Sherpa tent
- EPI gas and burner for high climb;
- Gamow bag / Portable Altitude Chamber (PAC)
- All necessary climbing Everest hardware group equipment
- Satellite Phone in case of emergency
- A special gift: through the Company “Gokyo Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd.
Excludes in the Itinerary:
- Single supplement if required
- Your international airfare and departure airpoet taxes.
- Nepal entry Visa fees.
- Your travel insurance (It is mandatory in case of emergency)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Cold-drinks, Liquors, Laundries and Telephone calls etc.
- Personal Trekking equipment and extra program other than mention itinerary
- Any extra expenses incurred due to unforeseen causes, such as emergency
- Evacuation Helicopter rescue, land slides, lost of baggage, flight cancellation, and road blocked etc.
- Personal nature of expenses or any donation
- Tips for the crew (Note: TIPS is not compulsory but expected)
- Any other expenses not mention as included in the price.
Guest feedbacks / testimonials : -
Personal Equipments :
Down Sleeping Bag 1pc, Down Jacket 1 pc.
Climbing boot 1 pair, Shocks for climbing - 6 pairs
Trekking Boot 1 pair, Rucksack 2 pcs , Crampon 1 set
Stick 2 set, Harness – 1pc, Get up (Boot clover) 1 set
Snow Glass - 2 pcs, Main rope 15 meters, ICE Crew – 1pc.
Sable small -1pc, Mattress 1 pc, Carbine 2 single + 2 lock
ICE-axe with Ice hamber 1 pc, Head Light – 2pcs,
Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Woolen Globe 4 set, Bag Cover.
Water Bottle , Wind mask for climbing, Climbing clove 3 best qualities
Personal Medicine , Eight finger, Swiss Army Knife
Group Equipments :
Fixed rope , Main rope , Medicine , Oxygen, Mask and regulator
Climbing tents, Food, fuel, light